Oh Berlin :)
What an incredible city. I have seen most of the important sights briefly, what with Adj, Jessica's and my wanderings and our bus tour yesterday. I've also explored the ins and outs of Berlin public transportation - which is far superior to Chicago's, I must add.
Right now, I am living in East Berlin (the old soviet side) in Pankow, a northern neighbourhood of die Mitte, the old city centre. I live on 29 Florapromenade, on the third floor. It's a nice area with a really nice pool, as Adj and Jessica and I found out on Saturday. Berlin is hotter than blazes and I have already located every public pool in the city limits. Some of them might even have diving boards!
My classes start today, and I'm feeling a little apprehensive about it. My Jewish History was cancelled so that leaves just the Berlin Lit today, and it will be taught in all German. If my almost week here in the city has taught me anything, it's just how poor my German skills really are. I am hoping for drastic improvements.
Some notable things that I have seen are: The Berlin Wall, the Brandenburg Gate, The TV Tower (w00t, buddy!) the Memorial for the Murdered Jews and Fredrick the Great's old palace in Charlottenbug. Oh, and I'm going to be visiting the Kennedy Museum on Pariser Plazt. Yes, those Kennedy's. I'm so excited and my dad would love it; I wish he was here to see it with me.
I don't have much time write, as my new friend Adj has asked me to accompany him to the bank to open a German bank account. Damn him and his dual citizenship, I'm jealous. Unfortunately the third musketeer of our little band has class, so Jessica will not be joining us. I have stories to tell and MANY pictures to post, but please understand, my internet access is very restricted.
So, until later,
Love to all at home,
*Miranda
Oh yeah. Did I mention I'm going to Venice on Friday? Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
War die Zug wirklich nicht laufen? Oder nur in Chicago?
Deine Title war mein praeziser Gedanke, wann ich an 3 Uhr festgesessen hatte.
Verstehst du die S-bahn und U-bahn? Sie sind einfach, ja? Viel mehr einfach als die El.
Lieb!
Das Mus
Yes!!!! You'll love Venice... it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm glad you're making friends and still posting... I love reading them!
Have fun in Italy... it's amazing.
Lots of love. xxx
PS: Yes, she came... thank God :o)
And now I'm done talking to Steve, which is amazing because he sucks.
I heart you!
xxx
Post a Comment