It felt really good in a strange sort of way to be back in 'familier' surroundings today. My night train or 'Nachtzug' from Paris was a really nice train. I DID have a bed, and that made me immensily happy. After I boarded I went and wrote for a while in the dining car, having some bread and rolls with honey and butter and a glass of red wine to help me sleep. I eventually went and laid down, sleeping poorly until I was woken up probably around midnight to the arrival of more passengers into the couchette compartment. One of the women said that I was in her bed, but ended up just taking the bed below mine. I eventually fell back into my restless sleep again and woke up when the condunctor knocked on my door to give me my Eurail pass back and to tell me that we were 30 minutes from Berlin.
Once off the train, I headed to the Gepack Centrum (Luggage center) to retrieve my large pack and all the luggage I had left here in Berlin. Once I had that, I loaded everything on to a cart, and decided that it was time to relax for a few. I grabbed a coffe from Starbucks and sat on a bench to read my book for a while. It was nice to just sit and not have to be anywhere or really worry about anything. While Paris was amazing, I was pretty high-strung the whole time I was there, just worrying about one thing or another. I also bought myself two bottles of water, because I knew I was dehydrated, and that with a couple of tylenol did my headache in.
I then spent twenty minutes rearranging everything in my packs to re-consolodate. I have SO MUCH stuff and it's really bulky. Then, I had to figure out how to get to my hostel, which was surprisingly painless. I had to take the S-Bahn to Alexanderplatz and then transfer to the U-Bahn and take it to Rosenthalerplatz. I think it ended up being only five stops total.
I got to my hostel and I think it's going to be the best one I've stayed in. It's really professional and they have a cafe, bar, luggage storage and hang out areas. I'm really only interested in a shower and a good nights sleep, but this looks like the place to be doing it.
Alright, well I'm getting tired and hungry and it's time to check into my hostel so I will post more, maybe later.
Love to all at home,
-Miranda
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Guten tag! Sorry I'm never online when you come on... I wake up at 8, but you always seem to IM me at like 730. Or I'm online in the afternoon/evening... but never sort of at the beginning of our morning here.
I'm seriously glad that you loved Paris. It sounds like you're having a great experience... good train travel, good hostels (well that London one was weird... but not terrible), good people, and good sights... I'm super happy for you and I hope you continue to have the time of your life!
Come back to Europe with me next summer... I really need to go back soon.
When do you meet with IES?
Bis spater! xxx
Ich habe ein Komment geschrieben, aber es ist nicht heir. Fremd.
Rosenthaler Platz ist die U-Bahnstop, wo die Konzerthalle, wo ich Kante gesehen habe, ist! Die ausgezeichnete Doenner-Kebab Restaurant ist nur ein paar Strassen weg (an Kastienallee).
Mmm.... Doenner...
Lieb!
Das Mus (schlag es nach!)
Post a Comment