Translation: I am sick. I did however, find a doctor to go and see today, and am absurdly proud of myself for getting through an entire doctor's appointment in German. My mom didn't seem to think it was that big a deal when I told her, but I don't care. I'm really proud. *pats self on back*
My parents are in Florida right now with my sister and her family visiting the Mouse and every other cartoon/disney charecter ever created. The weather there has been a bit screwy for them, so I hope that clears up soon.
Prague was an incredible city. The old town portion of it is so incredibly beautiful. The buildings are tall and all different colors. They are faintly remniniscent of all of the identical-but-not apartment buildings in Berlin. They are all about the same height and format, but with a wide variance of facade set ups and colors. Charles Bridge was something to see, its an extremely old bridge with huge statues every ten meters or so on the sides of it. I got some great postcards of it to bring home to my parents and to send out to some people back home. I also bought some good presents. I can't tell you whom for or what the presents are because I know for a fact that two of the three people I purchased things for read this blog (N, M and T. for a hint).
In the Old Town Square there is a gorgeous astronomical clock that works like the Glockespiele in München (Munich) on a much smaller scale. Almost all of the streets in Old Town are fußgangerplatzt (pedestrian zones) which I really like. It always gives a city a certain feel to it.
Tomorrow my program leaves for Poland, and I'm not sure as of yet if I am going with them. It depends upon how I'm feeling. I've already started on the antibiotics I was perscribed, but I'm not feeling even 50% better yet. I'm going to try and get a lot of sleep tonight and see how I feel in the morning. I'll be sad if I miss the Poland trip, and so will my dad's side of the family.
I still have a lot on my mind, but things are becoming clearer. I also have a midterm on Monday. Whooo............
If I go to Krakow, I may not update for a while!
Love to all at home,
*Miranda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you should go and tough it out, anyway! I went to Spain when I was uber sick and I was sick probably the first 36hrs we were there, but it was worth it to still go and not miss the entire trip (I was gone for 7 days). So I think it would be a good idea to sleep like 12hrs tonight and then get up and go, even if you only feel 50% better. It's likely that you'll feel better almost right after they leave, and then you'll wish you had gone. And the antibiotics will start working, anyway, so I wouldn't worry.
I heart you... have fun in Poland!
Lots of love!!! xxx
Post a Comment