Amsterdam was an amazing city. Right now I'm really missing it.
On my first night at the Pig (for that was the name of my hostel, I met three guys at the hostel bar, their names were Ryan and Chris (brothers) and their travel partner Derrick. We played pool for a couple rounds and then decided to go out and check out the city at night. First came the endless search for a working atm in which we ran into this CRAZY local who provided us with quite the entertainment. We checked out couple bars on our walk around and then some coffee shops so the boys could buy some stuff and we could get some snacks. We went and walked around the red light district once it was fully dark, which was pretty mind blowing. Btw, Amsterdam, I've decided is in some sort of paralle univers from the rest of the world, because it doesn't get dark there until almost 11 o'clock at night. It was really strange. But anyways, back to the red light district.
All those windows with the red lights
over them are display windows. The
prostitutes stand in them trying to attract
customers. The best part is my back is
over them are display windows. The
prostitutes stand in them trying to attract
customers. The best part is my back is
Having fun in the
chill area of my hostel.
It's a big platform of pillows
next to the entrance. No shoes allowed!
This is the street my hostel is on. If you look reeeeally closely you can see it. Right side of the st. It's the small square white sign and the skinny sign above it that says
HOSTEL in orange.
Sara and her daughter Phoebe, two people I met in line for the Anne Frank House (see the plaque
by Phoebe's head) They took a much better
picture than I did.
I've got a lot more pictures from Amsterdam, but they will have to wait for another time! I did a lot in A-dam yesterday, went on a 3 hour walking tour, visited the sex museum (!!) and hung out with the people from my Hostel one more time. I played several disaterous games of pool with Ryan as my partner. Poor guy.
I'm in London now, flew over from Schipol airport this afternoon. I landed in London Gatwick and then took the shuttle to Victoria station, and then the Metro to Gloucestor Road. I'm all checked into my hostel, butI don't like it. First, it took me aout 30 minutes of walking around this neighborhood with all of my packs to find it, and then the lady at the reception desk in teh basement didn't have any change for me. How do you run a business and not have any change?! It's a very quiet place and even my roommates don't talk to me. Oh well, it's a great incentive to get up in the morning and head out for the sights and the tours.
One last picture to leave you with...
This is what I look like today! So you don't forget me :)
Love to all at home,
Miranda
6 comments:
MIRANDA I LOVE YOU....YOU ARE AMAZING!!! : )
why does your hair always look perfect in any picture of you? If I were a girl I'd be very jealous.
Sounds like Amsterdam is the place to be this summer. Some one from my floor this semester goes there every year and she's in love with it. There are also 3 other people from the floor who are going to go visit her over there.. crazy isn't it?
I heart you!
What is the hostel in London called? Holland House? That was a pain in the ass to find, but it was awesome once we got there.
Keep up the amazing posts!
So glad you are having a great time. Amsterdam sounds wonderful. I love seeing all the pictures of you. keep bloging, we love you!
My Wanderlust Baby! Give my regards to the queen! LaLa I love you Momma
Baby. You look beautiful. I miss that smile everyday.
Post a Comment