This is going to be a short post because it is quite late and I have to be up in less than four hours.
To recap....
Madrid, was absolutely amazing. The architecture is beautiful, all of the buildings give you this feeling that you are some place 'exotic'. The weather was absolutely amazing and the fact that on Saturday we had access to a pool absolutely sealed the deal. The reason we had access to a pool was because for Saturday into Sunday, Jessica, Adj and I stayed in a five star (*****) hotel. Adj's family was traveling around Spain and we met up with them for Saturday and Sunday. They are an amazing family, generous to a fault and extremely friendly. I had a great time talking with his parents about politics, religion and art and joking around with his younger brother Stefano (don't you dare think StefANo. It's STEFano. Damnit.) All in all, Madrid was incredible. I highly recommend it if you're thinking about traveling around Europe. I'd get into more detail, but like I said, a little pressed for time.
I went and saw Harry Potter last night at the original language theater in Potsdammer Platz here in Berlin. It was AWESOME. I think it is the best of the movies so far. Hopefully I"ll be getting the book here in Berlin for the plane ride home. Funny story: I was craving an Icee in the theater so I went out to the concession stands before the movie to fulfill my cravings. Guess what... NO Icees. I stood there looking lost for a moment, when something caught my eye. Smiling devilishly I knew I had found my movie beverage, paid for it and walked back into the theater. Jessica gave me an incredulous stare and Adj almost fell out of his seat he was laughing so hard. "I'd expect nothing less," he informed me. I raised my wine glass in toast to him as I poured myself a drink from the small bottle I had purchased. Alcohol is sold everywhere from Burger King to movie theaters here in Europe, and you know what they say... when in Rome...
Speaking of which... I need to go to bed because my flight for Rome leaves in less than seven hours. Back to Italy for me!
Love to all at home,
Miranda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that would be a great movie beverage...I think Hollywood Boulevard serves alcohol...hmm...
Daddy said...
Miss you Munchie. One week to go.
Love you
Post a Comment