I'm coming home!!
By this time tomorrow, baring any foul-ups in transportation, I will have been on American soil for two hours!
It's been a weekend of goodbyes, seeing Jessica off on her train to Paris and Adj off on his plane to Salzberg. It was hard, to say good bye, but we're all going to keep in touch and remain close. They've both become amazing friends of mine, and while we've had our rough patches, I'm glad I have memories of gallavanting around to different European cities with them.
Many people from IES are doing all of their travelling now, it's been funny to listen to all of their plans. Some have an entire semester here ahead of them in Europe, others will be heading home in a week or two. I hope to keep in touch with many of them. I extended many invitations to people to visit me in Chicago, and I truly hope they take me up on it.
As for me? I begin this trip as I started it: alone. But, maybe.... not as alone as it seems. I have my host family, who I've become quite close with in the last week. I walked into the apartment this evening to find a miniature Jack Sparrow, complete with beaded hangers from the bandana, a drawn on beard, sword and pirate pistol. Leo and Gudrun went today to see Pirates and apparently it warrented dressing up. He's the coolest ten year old I know. I also have someone I know on my first plane to Madrid, which will be nice.
I am going to miss Berlin. I am going to desperatly miss speaking German so much, being surrounded by the language, hearing it around me, reading it in the newspaper and on advertisments. If you're able, spricht Deutsch zu mir? (Speak German to me? haha) There's going to be a lot of things I miss about Europe in general as well. It's become no longer a possiblity that I will be coming back, it is a given.
There is however, things I miss from home, most of it people. I have lots of things to do when I get home (celebrate my 21st birthday for one, catch up on my WORK for another. Auugh.) and I'm also jetting off to Vegaaaas for four days with my parents. :)
I've realized so much about myself on this trip. It has dragged the very best and worst in my out into the open for me to stare right in the face. I have things I need to change, but I am also quite certain now about the things that I love about me.... and those are here to stay.
I'll post again when I get home, and maybe one more after that to just give you a wrap up and tell about Vegas and how all is going. To all my readers, especially those who have been their since the very beginning, thank you for sticking with me.
Love to all at Home,
*Miranda
Another summer day
Is come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm
Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know
And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
I'm fine baby, how are you?
Well I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that
Another aerorplane
Another sunny place
I'm lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I've got to go home
Let me go home
I''m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home
And I feel just like I'm living someone else's life
It's like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
But this was not your dream
But you always believe in me
Another winter day has come
And gone away
And even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home
And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
Oh, let go home
Oh, I miss you, you know
Let me go home
I've had my run
Baby, I'm done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all right
I'll be home tonight
I'm coming back home
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
awwww...I love this song.
And it seems ever so fitting. I hope everything goes as planned traveling wise. Have fun in Vegas!!!! : )
<3
I will definitely speak German with you! I haven't spoken it all summer and I'm leaving in September. We should get together for lunch or something once you're home. I hope all your traveling goes well.
<3 Sarah
When you read the comments made today, you'll already be in the warm comfort of home. So welcome home and Happy 21st Birthday. Hope you have a blast in Vegas.
love to you. Maggie
Very well said.
I've been reading the last couple of posts, just had no time for comment. I'm glad you loved Rome as much as I did... although I didn't meet any Hare Krisna's in the Piazza Navona, but there's always next time. :)
I hope you have 1,000 stories for me when you get home... and have fun in Vegas! I really love that place... it's so ridiculous.
Let's go to Naperville when you're free... I'll take you out for your honorary and obligatory 21st birthday drink.
Come home safe. Talk to you soon.
Lots of love. xxx
Post a Comment