Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

I spend a LOT of time in this internet cafe. Well, at least I have today. I came here earlier to work on things for my job at home and to catch up on my emails and I ended up sitting on skype for three freaking hours. Now, I just got done with a run and I promised my mother that I would get some pictures uploaded to my snapfish account so she could see them, so I'm forgoing sleep to keep that promise. I forgot my memory card when I came earlier today.

I know that I should be out enjoying the city instead of sitting in front of a computer, but going online and accomplishing some work and going for a run was actually my whole game plan for today. It's my day off of school, so I decided to use it to my advantage and do some work that I've been putting off for far too long - answering emails and dealing with my employees who have recently discovered that they don't have work study for next semester and hiring more to replace those I'll lose.

I'm excited for next year. I really like moving and my new apartment is going to be amazing. I've bought somethings here in Europe that I'll use as decoratations and I know that I'll be putting a million pictures all over the walls. I'm sure that the month August is going to be a major headache what with familierizing myself with my desk, coming up with a training program for my staff, planning out the physical enviroment and furniture around the desk area, bugging the RD of Facilities for essentials that he'll say aren't so essential, working with my boss Jason and the new housing staff in the building.... man I'm going to be so busy. It's okay, I work better when things are chaotic.

I'm sure things will go smoothly, I just have to battle that little nagging voice in my head that says you're going to faaaaail. You're not good enough to do this joooob. Apparently the voice in my head likes to speak in a creepy ghost moan.

Anyways, back to the present where my mind belongs. The weather was terrible today in Berlin. It rained for almost the whole day and the times that it wasn't raining it was overcast. It's okay though, this weekend should make up for it - I'm going with Jessica and Adj to Madrid and the weather is forcasted to be high nineties and sunny all three days. I can work on re-browning my skin! Gotta get that flip-flop tan line back, it's my favourite.

I hope anyone who reads this has an amazing fourth of July, celebrate for me because I've got nothing going on tonight. I'm just going to head to bed and then get up and go to the IES center so I can finish writing my paper about my trip to Auschwitz for my Jewish History class.

Nothing really groundbreaking in this entry, there will be more to write after I get back from Madrid!

Love to all at home,
Miranda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should tell that voice to hush up because you are going to own that new job!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Staci. You're going to rock that job. And next year will be amazing because I'm living right down the hall!

I too have no 4th of July plans but I'll burn something in celebration of our country's independence in your honor. :)

lavieencouleur said...

Your job = awesome. And I will hang out at that desk since I'll be starting my super senior year this fall. Ace.

Keep having fun fun fun... Spain is amazing!

Lots of love!! xxx